K12 Design Challenge
Welcome to the 3rd edition of K12 Design Challenge 2023 organized in association with Drone In schools. The objective of the challenge is to empower students for future skills, embrace design, and bring their ideas to life.
Students ranging from the age group of 8 to 18 can participate in this challenge in the primary or secondary school category. To participate in this challenge students, need to enrol on a workshop conducted online in which the participants learn about drones and get trained on the design software.
The theme for this year’s challenge is to design a drone for the future.
The competition aims to accelerate the practical use of the latest technology in drones and encourages young learners to conceptualize a futuristic drone design concept that can be used to help solve today’s problems for tomorrow.
Evaluation criteria will include novelty of your idea, complexity, clarity, detailed presentation, concept note, feasibility, practicality, sustainability, the scale of impact, user experience, and potential for future work progression.
All entries will be judged based on the following criteria (the “Criteria”):
- Evaluation Criteria – Weightage
- Design Objective – 20%
- Creativity and Novelty of Design – 30%
- Knowledge of Technology – 30%
- Impact /User Experience/Presentation – 20%
- Register for the challenge by enrolling in the program
- Attend the virtual workshop
- Create a 3D design and concept note based on the challenge topic
- Access to the challenge portal and submit your entries
- Shortlisted entries to present the concept to panel of judges
You can register for the challenge by attending any one of our below design workshops and get a direct entry to the challenge.
Alternately, you can click here to register for the challenge if you do not wish to attend our workshops.
Hall of fame
Meet our winners of the Drone Design Challenge held in December 2020.